As promised here is my healthy and decadent recipe for these rainbow chocolate truffles that would make a great healthy Easter treats.
I still remember how Easter used to hold a lot guilt around food and all the sweets that we eat, well, not anymore, because when you eat food that comes from nature, it is supposed to make you feel healthy and happy, not tired, guilty and thinking about dieting once the festivities are over.
These beautiful Easter treats are:
Easy to make
Rich in chocolate flavor
Packed with superfoods
Good for you!
preparation time: 30 minutes
servings: 20 to 24
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 14 to 16 medjool dates (they should be soft, if not, soak them in lukewarm water for 10 mins)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
To color your truffles:
- 1 tbsp of raw coconut flour + 2 tsp of turmeric + 2 tbsp of coconut sugar for the yellow color
- 1 tbsp of raw coconut flour + 1 tsp of beetroot powder mixed with 1 tsp coconut sugar for the pink/red color
- 1 tbsp of raw coconut flour + 1 tsp matcha mixed with 1 tbsp coconut sugar for the green color
- 1 tbsp of raw coconut flour + 1 tbsp cinnamon mixed with 1 tbsp coconut sugar for the sand color
- 1 tbsp of raw coconut flour for the white color + 1 tsp coconut sugar
- for the light blue color, I mixed some coconut flour with some butterfly pea flower tea and I dehydrated them to form a [powder again (n You can skip this step if too complicated)
You can really add as much as you want of the above powders to reach desired color.
I would recommend start with 1/2 tsp and build up from there.
Place the walnuts, hemp hearts in a food processor and pulse until a nut butter like is formed.
Remove from food processor and set aside in a dish.
Add the dates, cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon powder and melted coconut oil to the food processor and process a sticky ball is formed.
Add the walnut & hemp butter to the mixture and mix again until all the ingredients are well combined and you have a dough like consistency that is easy to roll into balls.
scoop out a tablespoon or so and form into a ball between the palms of your hands.
the more you roll between your hands, the softer the dough will become and the easier the balls will take the sphere shape.
Set on a silicone tray or parchment paper and place in the fridge to chill.
In the meantime, prepare your color mixtures and set separately on a big plate or tray.
Remove truffles from fridge and roll into the different color mixtures until desired color.
Place on a tray again.
Now they are ready to serve.
They also make a beautiful Easter present.
I would love to see a picture of these if you recreate them! Don't forget to tag #nathaliesader/ @nathaliesader for a chance to be featured on my IG page!